DOC Vacancy – Tauranga
POSITION: Iwi Engagement Ranger, Operations Group, Tauranga
JOB TYPE: Permanent
We are looking for a well connected person with great people skills, and commitment to conservation values to join our operations team.
As a Ranger, Iwi Engagement you will be part of a highly motivated team, focused on building relationships with iwi and hapu in the Western Bay of Plenty
You will be responsible for
- Fostering positive relationships between iwi, hapu and the Department
- Supporting implementation of Treaty Settlement outcomes
- Supporting other team members in building new partnership opportunities with tangata whenua
- Promoting and supporting iwi and hapu aspirations
The ideal applicant will have:
- Experience and confidence in engaging and working with tangata whenua
- Knowledge of the natural environment, conservation principles and current challenges
- Competency or understanding in Te Reo Māori me ona tikanga
- Good knowledge of tikanga Māori, kaitiakitanga, wairuatanga, manaakitanga and iwitanga
- Knowledge of the Department’s responsibilities that give effect to Section 4 of the Conservation Act 1987
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- A relevant tertiary qualification, or equivalent experience
Please apply online. Applications must include a cover letter, CV and evidence of the required capabilities as per the role description.
For more information, please contact Jeff Milham, email@example.com , VPN 6526 or telephone (07) 5712736, quoting vacancy 400/3171.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday, 12 September 2016.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please click here.
DOC Recruitment Team