Kaihāpai Hōtaka Mātauranga
Please find the link to our careers site.
This new role has just been advertised
A key focus area for this role will be to realise and develop the huge potential of tangata whenua in creating te ao Maori medium based environmental education programmes. The successful candidate will demonstrate:
- Competence in tikanga and te ao Māori as well as ability to effectively deliver positive outcomes in modern working environments.
- Strong skills in developing and maintaining meaningful and enduring relationships with iwi and Māori education organisations as well as internally. They will be a strategic thinker with an inherent understanding of how critical effective partnerships are to our success.
- An engaging and collaborative approach, a naturalness in sharing knowledge, skills and experience, as well as excellent communication ability;
- Previous experience in problem solving and finding solutions;
- A strong understanding and knowledge of te tiriti o Waitangi.
Māori language ability is preferred but not essential.
This role will be responsible for developing the programme of work, overseeing a kaitiakitanga fund supported by an Iwi-based panel and providing the necessary administrative support.
Nāku noa, nā
|Michael Carey | KAIWHAKARITE | Tai‑ranga‑whenua, Community and Services WAIKATO REGIONAL COUNCIL | Te Kaunihera ā Rohe o Waikato Take a look at the work we do P: +6478592720 M: +6421530483 F: facebook.com/waikatoregion Private Bag 3038, Waikato Mail Centre, Hamilton, 3240|