Marae Open Day Sunday 22nd March 2015
Kearoa Marae Open Day
22nd March 2015
This month’s Marae Open Day will commence at 10am with morning tea as usual. Our hui this month will continue the planning discussions that we started in February by making some decisions to put into action some of the ideas that arose. The key points from those discussions included:
- Developing a Rangatahi Rōpū or youth group to plan and run activities that encourage rangatahi back to hapū and marae activities
- Continue to develop activities that help to find out what hapū members want to know and strengthen the value of helping each other
- Identifying whanau members who live in other centres to establish a system of contact people and whanau support groups
- Strengthening our system of Whānau Working bees by developing more effective coordination and communication for each whānau working bee and also including whakapapa sessions at each whānau working bee
- Have an earlier start for each Kearoa Marae Open Day to ensure consistency of discussions and activities
A sample of the Open Day Content that was requested for future Kearoa Marae Open Days included:
- Protocols and what to do in different situations
- What happens when you are the first person to arrive for a tangi?
- Knowing how and what to buy when catering in bulk without blowing the budget
- What is the structure and presentation style for your pepeha?
- Ngati Kea Ngati Tuara history – how did we come to be here?
- Locating points of significance
- Wai for whakangahau for us all to learn
If you would like a full copy of the minutes of the last Kearoa Marae Open Day please email Trish: firstname.lastname@example.org