Taharangi Marae is situated on Tarewa Rd, in central Rotorua. Taharangi Marae includes three whare:
- Taharangi: the whare tupuna
- Te Tuikahapa: the wharekai
- A wharepuni
Taharangi, the whare tupuna, was built in 1903 and today the marae complex is governed by the Taharangi Marae Committee. The marae is used regularly by social services agencies and is also used by the hapū for Māori language classes and other learning and social activities. The rūnanga office is located in one of the buildings on the marae.